Friday, September 10, 2010

Confession to make

I have to admit to myself and all the strangers here, that I have a large amount of guilt for the way I've been living my life. Not that I've gone down the wrong path, or gotten mixed up with the wrong crowd, but that I've ignored my true gifts and ignored my true potential. I don't remember who said it, but the quote says, "Don't be afraid of death, be afraid of the unlived life."

Although I have a beautiful family, a home, usually a secure job, a great famly and life-long friends, I find myself on the edge of tears for not being the best "me" that I can be. I feel as though I've lost my way and am going through the motions as I chase the "American Dream". But I have to ask, "Who's dream is 'The American Dream'?" and why have I chosen to follow it instead of my own?

We all have unigue gifts and talents that can help us live amazing lives, but so often we ignore or doubt those gifts. I am working each day to open those parts of myself so that little-by-little, I can tap into my full potential and become the best "me" that I can.

It's time to "live" my life instead of being afraid. Once again the choice comes down to Love over Fear. I choose Love.

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone, I think I've gone through the process of understanding my true calling myself and there was a time, not too long ago, when I decided to follow a path in order to develop my gifts and serve those who may have a need for them.

    ReplyDelete